The following information is being provided to you to assist you after today’s treatment. Please follow these instructions as closely as possible. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE.
- In order to alleviate your discomfort, the tooth has been left open for drainage.
- The following suggestions assist in maintaining comfort and reducing possible swelling.
- Irrigate your tooth as instructed with warm water for five (5) minutes every hour.
- Avoid blocking the open tooth with food by cautiously eating on the opposite side of your mouth (even when the tooth becomes comfortable). To remove any accidental food blockage, VIGOROUSLY rinse after meals with warm water. You may scrub open the tooth with a tooth brush.
- Avoid sucking or picking on the tooth and do not “play” with your tooth with your tongue. This will cause pain.
- If medication (s) have been prescribed, use according to direction.
Notify this office in the event of any significant swelling, pain, or problems with prescribed medication (s).
- Failure to have the root canal treatment completed promptly could result in the loss of this tooth.